Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thank you Mom......

Drew's Mom (my Mom) sent me some wonderful tips for finding my muse, for pushing me back into what I love......there are some great ideas/tips here, if you are struggling as I am, maybe they will help you too! Thank you Mom for supporting me and offering up some great tips.....

Implement a time to do art … schedule.
* Show up even if nothing comes right away. When your body shows up, at the same time you have scheduled, eventually your mind — and your muse — will do the same.
* Don't Be Too Hard on Yourself.
In fact, don’t be hard on yourself at all while doing your art. ” Turn the critical brain off. There is a time and place for criticism: it’s called editing.
* Idleness can be a key part of the creative process. Give yourself time to gather new experiences and new ideas, from life, reading, or other forms of art, before you start again.
* Set Deadlines and Keep Them.
* Examine Deep-Seated Issues Behind Your Block.
Write about your anxieties regarding creativity. Talk to a friend, preferably one who does the same kind of art.
* Work on More Than One Project at a Time.
Some find it helpful to switch back and forth from one project to another.
* Try art exercises in your area.
Exercises can loosen up the mind and get you to do you would never do otherwise.
* Remember Why You Started art in the First Place.
* Are you doing what you love or think you should love.  Maybe something new.

On another note.......it's nice to know that I have two readers of my blog! Thank you Mom for the tips and understanding of what I have been going through and thank you Linda for your words of wisdom and support of my art! Linda, you have always been there for me with your kind words......thank you for seeing me as an artist!

On another, other note.....the poinsettia cards are what I have been struggling with and what has started my whole diatribe.....I was over thinking it! I was trying to use a die cut folder for the background and a matching stamp for the main image....I decided that the problem was that I was trying to use an image that I liked but didn't love! A walk through my art room led me to the poinsettia stamp that I DO love! So, this weekend, I'm going to create the cards that are in my head using my favorite poinsettia stamp and I know, I just know.....it's going to be grungy art, my favorite style! Poinsettia doesn't have to be Christmas, right? Good thing since Christmas is long since over!

And on that note....I will leave you with a thought! Who has more than one poinsettia stamp.......

1 comment:

  1. Penny, I have read your blog from the beginning to this post. Tears overwhelmed me thinking that I know this girl and I know exactly how she feels. The past 10 years have been a big blink of the eye and I find myself struggling with the exact things you are. I miss my art. Miss the friendships that it created. Miss sharing. Miss blogs, where did they all go and why did everyone stop blogging, myself included?! Mostly, I miss you and all that we shared so long ago. I hope that you are heeding the advice of your MIL. She had some great jewels. If you want to talk or catch up please email me at teamclark @ rocketmail . com. I hate posting something so personal, but just stumbled across your blog and there was no contact page. I hope to hear from you.
    Autumn Clark

    ReplyDelete